, ,

Stone Bridge

Stone Bridge
The Old Stone Bridge is – beside the St. Peter´s Cathedral – the town´s most important sight and the oldest and best preserved brigde of Germany. It was built within an incredible period of time of only 11 years (1135-1146) and at the time of its opening the only bridge over the Danube between Ulm and Vienna.

, ,

Old Town Hall/Perpetual Imperial Assembly

Old Town Hall/Perpetual Imperial Assembly
Over centuries the Old Town Hall was the midpoint of Regensburg. The city council and the administration were located here as well as the judicature with the prison and the torture chamber. The Perpetual Imperial Assembly took place here from 1663 to 1806 and brought the most important people from German and European politics and their representatives to Regensburg.